Giving Thanks this Year
It is that time of year again and all of us at SERVPRO of Northwest Genesee County cannot wait to spend time with our families while eating enough turkey to leave us in a Thanksgiving Day hays.
We want you and your family to enjoy your Thanksgiving Day festivities as well so just a few tips to keep you safe on Turkey Day...
- Don’t leave the kitchen while food is cooking on the stove top and never leave your home while the turkey is cooking in the oven
- Check all smoke detectors before beginning Thanksgiving dinner preparation
- Keep children and pets away from the kitchen and do not leave them unattended in a room with lit candles
- Keep the kitchen floors unobstructed to avoid tripping
- Don’t use any electrical appliances that have damaged or severed cords (use this as an opportunity to treat yourself to some new kitchen toys!)
- Keep all sharp knives out of reach from children
- Avoid using deep fryers (even in the back yard, the NFPA discourages ALL use of fryers)
As always, our crews are on call 24/7 365 days of the year, should disaster strike. Please take note of the steps above to protect your home and your family! Relax, kick back, enjoy some football, and give thanks!